Wagyu Beef Cheek Udon
For the Braising Liquid:
1 Wagyu Beef Cheeks
200 ml water
50 ml Shiso Teriyaki sauce
For the Stir-Fry:
1/2 cup chopped kimchi
2 large king brown mushrooms
2 portions frozen udon noodles, defrosted
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons of the braising liquid
2 tablespoons Shiso Teriyaki sauce(for finishing)
2 teaspoons sesame oil
Aonori (for finishing)
- Preheat your oven to 150C and defrost the udon noodles. Set aside.
- In a small dutch oven, place the Wagyu beef cheeks along with the water, Shiso Teriyaki sauce, and peppercorns. Cover with a lid and place into the oven for 2 hours.
- Once cooked and cooled, remove the beef cheeks from the braising liquid and cut them into chopstick-sized pieces. Set aside.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the chopped mushrooms- sauté until golden brown. Then in with the beef cheeks, kimchi, braising liquid, and Shiso Teriyaki sauce, and bring to a boil.
- Add the defrosted udon noodles and grated Parmesan cheese to the pan, and simmer until everything is heated through.
- To finish, drizzle sesame oil over the stir-fry and sprinkle with Aonori.